We're looking for a friendly, hardworking sourdough baker to join the team in a permanent capacity on a full-time basis.
- Sourdough baking, including mixing, shaping, scoring and baking naturally leavened bread featuring 100% fresh-milled heritage flour
- Preparation and baking a selection of pastries, cookies, muffins and more
- Commitment to and interest in learning and adapting baking techniques to constantly improve our product
- Dishwashing and maintaining a clean and tidy workspace
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum one year professional baking experience
- Strong knife/prep ability
- Desire to work as a valued member of a small team
- Able to lift 25kg
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Comfortable working in an environment with ambient temperatures above 25C
POSITION & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Starting wage of $17/hr
- Five paid sick days per year
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Staff discount
- Friendly and supportive team
If you think you're a fit we'd love to hear from you. Send us your CV and tell us why you want to be part of the team. Resumés can be sent to Gabrielle at email@example.com.
Almanac is an urban mill and bakery in Ottawa's East End.
Our mission is to deliver good food by supporting better farming. We believe that what we leave behind is as important as what we sell, which is why we are committed to supporting restorative agricultural practices that promote environmental resiliency and conserve the land for future generations.